Fully certified plastic surgeon Dr Linda Fiumara offers microdermabrasion treatments that can help rejuvenate and restore your appearance by dramatically improving skin tone and texture.
Microdermabrasion can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions including acne, stretch marks, acne scars, age spots, enlarged pores, wrinkles, or rosacea. For those struggling with mild to moderate acne, microdermabrasion can also be effective. If you’re noticing premature signs of aging such as skin discoloration and sun damage, microdermabrasion is a preferred way to gently remove dry and damaged skin.
As an acne treatment, microdermabrasion is successful because of how well it treats the pores. When pores are relieved of dirt, oil and dead skin, acne can heal more quickly. Also, when dead skin cells are wiped away, acne causing bacteria cannot survive as easily.
Microdermabrasion is one of the most popular, time-proven methods of consistent skin care that can provide results after even one treatment, is low risk and requires minimal downtime. Although it is effective on its own, microdermabrasion can also be combined with chemical peels, consistently removing dead surface skin to provide even greater results.
Dr Fiumara’s patients in the Kensington and Chelsea area choose microdermabrasion for some of the following reasons:
- To improve skin tone, making it softer and more smooth with a healthy glow
- To provide a more even skin color for patients with altered pigmentation
- To diminish large, unsightly pores or acne scars
- To reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- To reduce the frequency and severity of acne breakouts
- To improve facial appearance and self-esteem